What is AS/NZS 5377:2013 (A new standard for E-waste Recycling) standard?
The E-waste standard published in 2013 (AS/NZS 5377).This Standard sets out principles and minimum requirements for the safe and environmentally sound collection, storage, transport and treatment of end-of-life electrical and electronic equipment in order to maximize re-use and material recovery, reduce or eliminate the amount of waste from this equipment going to final point of disposal operations such as landfill, safeguard worker health, and minimize harm to the environment.
What is Responsible Recycling (R2) standard?
The R2 Standard provides a common set of processes, safety measures, and documentation requirements for businesses that repair and recycle used electronics. R2 is rigorously and independently audited, emphasizing quality, safety, and transparency.
The R2:2013 Standard is the latest version of R2, the electronics recycling industry's leading certification. Each provision of the R2 Standard is designed to help ensure the quality, transparency, and environmental and social responsibility, of R2 Certified electronics recycling facilities.
What are the benefits of AS/NZS 5377:2013 and R2 Standard?
- Provides a framework for organisations to implement an effective e-waste management system.
- Reduces the hazards associated with e-waste management and provides assurance that regulatory requirements are being met.
- Promotes e-waste management best practice and reinforces good e-waste management behaviours.
- Proactively control e-waste in a more safe and environmentally manner.
- Meet Client contract requirements.
Your Next Steps
Please contact us for more information.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have, or provide an obligation-free quote.