What is ISO 27001-Information security management systems (ISMS) standard?
Numerous high-profile incidents, involving both malicious attacks and simple accidental data loss, serve to illustrate the importance of good IT security; and ISO 27001 has proven extremely popular.
An ISMS is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It includes people, processes and IT systems by applying a risk management process. It can help small, medium and large businesses in any sector keep information assets secure.
There are many reasons why organisations might consider ISO 27001. Organisations are under increasing pressure to demonstrate effective Information Assurance, from regulators, employees, customers, legislative & enforcement bodies, business partners and prospective customers (in the form of tender requirements). Increasingly, the business that cannot easily demonstrate effective IA is the business that will be excluded from tenders, attract the interest of the regulator and, in general, find itself under increased and increasing scrutiny.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 Standard?
- Allows you to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Allows for secure exchange of information
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Manages and minimises risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
Your Next Steps
Please contact us for more information.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have, or provide an obligation-free quote.