What is ISO 27001-Information security management systems (ISMS) standard?
Numerous high-profile incidents, involving both malicious attacks and simple accidental data loss, serve to illustrate the importance of good IT security; and ISO 27001 has proven extremely popular.
An ISMS is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It includes people, processes and IT systems by applying a risk management process. It can help small, medium and large businesses in any sector keep information assets secure.
There are many reasons why organisations might consider ISO 27001. Organisations are under increasing pressure to demonstrate effective Information Assurance, from regulators, employees, customers, legislative & enforcement bodies, business partners and prospective customers (in the form of tender requirements). Increasingly, the business that cannot easily demonstrate effective IA is the business that will be excluded from tenders, attract the interest of the regulator and, in general, find itself under increased and increasing scrutiny.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 Standard?
- Allows you to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Allows for secure exchange of information
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Manages and minimises risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
Why use ISO Professionals for your certification needs?
Drawing on our unique blend of practical cyber security know-how and proven management system consultancy expertise, our team will work with you to implement an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS quickly and without hassle, no matter where your business is located.
- Our pricing and proposals are completely transparent, so you won’t get any surprises.
- Our implementation methodology has been honed over 15+ years
- You receive crucial input to help you develop a business case, allowing you to secure the necessary information security investment.
- We have a proven and pragmatic approach to assessing compliance with international standards, no matter the size or nature of your organisation.
- We support independently accredited certification – you can use the certification body you want.
Your Next Steps
Please contact us for more information.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have, or provide an obligation-free quote.