ISO 45001 brings occupational health and safety standards into the new ISO annex SL structure as the first globally recognised health and safety standard.We can help you understand what is in the new standard, what requirements it places upon your business, and how your business can transition to or achieve ISO 45001:2018.
Who is it for?
Any organisation that is seeking to adopt a contemporary framework for their occupational health and safety management system, and who may also require external certification to confirm alignment with the new standard.
What we can do?
Our team of Safety and Health consultants can help you achieve or transition to ISO 45001. Our support is designed to maximise the business value that achieving certification to ISO 45001 can deliver.ISO Professional can support you through each stage of the development and implementation of your management system, whether this is an existing system
Contents of ISO 45001:2016 Standard
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organization
- Performance evaluation
List of documents required by ISO 45001:2018
The ISO 45001 standard provides us with some insight about what documents are required. Compared to OHSAS 18001, there are not too many changes, but the documentation requirements are easier to manage, following the logic of the new versions of other ISO standards. Of course, the standard does not explicitly mention documents and records, but uses the term “documented information.”
The following represent a list of documents that you need to maintain in order to comply with ISO 45001:
- The scope of the OH&S MS (clause 4.3)
- OH&S management system (clause 4.4)
- Leadership and commitment (clause 5.1)
- OH&S policy (clause 5.2)
- Organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities (clause 5.3)
- Actions to address risks and opportunities (clause 6.1)
- Assessment of OH&S risks and other risks to the OH&S management system (clause 22.214.171.124)
- Determination of legal requirements and other requirements (clause 6.1.3)
- Planning to achieve OH&S objectives (clause 6.2.2)
- Competence (clause 7.2)
- Communication (clause 7.4)
- Operational planning and control (clause 8.1)
- Contractors (clause 126.96.36.199)
- Emergency preparedness and response (clause 8.2)
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and performance evaluation (clause 9.1)
- Evaluation of compliance (clause 9.1.2)
- Internal audit (clause 9.2)
- Management review (clause 9.3)
- Incident, nonconformity and corrective action (clause 10.2)
- Continual improvement (clause 10.2)
Assessment and transition support services
Our assessment and transition support service will help you to gain a better understanding of how well your health and safety management system is currently aligned to the requirements of ISO 45001.
The one-day assessment and subsequent report will provide observations of any areas in which you may need to improve in preparation for achieving ISO 45001 certification.
Your Next Steps
Please contact us for more information.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have, or provide an obligation-free quote.