What is ISO 55001 (Asset Management Management Systems)?
All organisations have assets. These can be physical, such as vehicles, buildings and equipment, or intangible, such as your brand or intellectual property. Such assets have a value to your business and the ISO 55001 standard helps you protect and enhance that value.
ISO 55001 provides a framework for an asset management system to pro-actively manage the life-cycle of your assets, from the point of acquisition to decommission. ISO 55001 helps your organization to manage the risks and costs associated with assets ownership using a structured and efficient approach, the impacts being continual improvement and on-going value creation.
- Improved financial performance – The ISO 55001 Asset Management System can improve you return on investment by managing expenditure, driving down costs and protecting asset values.
- Strengthened business growth – This structured and coordinated asset management system will help you develop clear plans that everyone understands and can support, so driving process improvements across your organisation
- Enhanced reputation – Implementing ISO 55001 will ensure your company complies with its legal obligations and protects its assets, so increasing customer satisfaction and stakeholder confidence.
- Standardised reporting – ISO 55001 enables your organisation to compare its performance with other industries, in the public and private sectors, to ensure you are implementing best practice.
- Enhanced environmental performance– Through improved asset management, you will improve business sustainability and meet the expectations of your stakeholders for economic performance and social responsibility.
- Improved risk management – The framework’s structured reviews enable you to give your managers accurate information on assets. This will improve operational efficiency and effectiveness while reducing the risks of asset ownership.
Your Next Steps
Please contact us for more information.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have, or provide an obligation-free quote.